Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 22-07-2022 02:12 PM

Inflation

Why people still assume 5k is the starting pay now?

5k is 2020.
2022 is 5.5k already

Unregistered 22-07-2022 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226119)
of course useless lah, in SE world, only ur skills matter.

Fresh grads can get into bytedance, shopee, facebook, google, FANG without a master

this master is a gimmick that surface ur resume to HR but whether u really have the skillset is totally different

ppl like elon musk already say u can be high school dropout and enter their elite AI team if u pass what they throw at u

singaporeans have this mindset that paper qualification is everything

that applies if u go to public sector since u will be a jlb there

but in private and competitive world, paper qualifications mean nothing. Just like u got FCH but cant answer interview questions, it reflects badly on u and ur uni

this is true at least for SE, skill is more important than qualifications, i got a friend with a diploma draw more than 10k outside but i stuck in ncs and get lazy

Unregistered 22-07-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226119)
of course useless lah, in SE world, only ur skills matter.

Fresh grads can get into bytedance, shopee, facebook, google, FANG without a master

this master is a gimmick that surface ur resume to HR but whether u really have the skillset is totally different

ppl like elon musk already say u can be high school dropout and enter their elite AI team if u pass what they throw at u

singaporeans have this mindset that paper qualification is everything

that applies if u go to public sector since u will be a jlb there

but in private and competitive world, paper qualifications mean nothing. Just like u got FCH but cant answer interview questions, it reflects badly on u and ur uni

What he say is true. master degree is useless from my point of view unless you join public sector which they look for paper only and know how to talk.

Unregistered 23-07-2022 09:55 AM

Solution

So we go ncs only get experience 1-2 uears later then find better job? Not got this concept like go ncs do hardship for 2 years then have easier life later?

Unregistered 26-07-2022 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226186)
So we go ncs only get experience 1-2 uears later then find better job? Not got this concept like go ncs do hardship for 2 years then have easier life later?

Yes. Ncs is best for fresh grad to gain experience. And is the best training ground.

Unregistered 26-07-2022 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226363)
Yes. Ncs is best for fresh grad to gain experience. And is the best training ground.

I would like to say that this is only true for CERTAIN tracks/teams. Once you get past the honeymoon period(bootcamps) and get placed into a bad team, chances are you will find yourself getting hardstuck in experience and progression.

Unregistered 26-07-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226393)
I would like to say that this is only true for CERTAIN tracks/teams. Once you get past the honeymoon period(bootcamps) and get placed into a bad team, chances are you will find yourself getting hardstuck in experience and progression.

So see luck ah.... Well well wish me luck then

Unregistered 27-07-2022 12:25 AM

Pay

Will NCS adjust our salary based on the market rate? Since starting pay keeps on increasing every year lol

Unregistered 27-07-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226432)
Will NCS adjust our salary based on the market rate? Since starting pay keeps on increasing every year lol

of coz! credited to your bank on 32 day of the month

Unregistered 27-07-2022 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226442)
of coz! credited to your bank on 32 day of the month

Can confirm, low basic salary credited to my bank on 25 day of month, then additional salary credited to my bank on 32 day.