IMDA (under MCI) - Page 8 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




IMDA (under MCI)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2021, 01:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Heard only 20 got shortlisted for their second round. Not sure what the salary is like.

Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 13-04-2021, 11:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

IMDA is the highest-ranked statutory board in the Straits Times Employer Survey 2021. They must be doing something right - anyone keen to share?

Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2021, 03:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone can share the aim programme salary? for imda

Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 01-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Around 6k there
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2021, 05:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone worked/working in the Human Capital Development or TESA Programme Office departments? Please share the culture there. Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2021, 05:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone worked/working in the Human Capital Development or TESA Programme Office departments? Please share the culture there. Thank you
Last heard from my friend who left some times ago, not recommended, totally. My friend regretted joining and is better at another place now.
Reply With Quote

  #77 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2021, 05:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IMDA is the highest-ranked statutory board in the Straits Times Employer Survey 2021. They must be doing something right - anyone keen to share?
As someone who worked there for a period of time, i never trust such stats, especially from the straits times who ranked 156? Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2021, 05:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Last heard from my friend who left some times ago, not recommended, totally. My friend regretted joining and is better at another place now.
hi there, when did your friend leave? how long did he/she work there? what's the reason for not recommended?

I interviewed for a role with Human Capital Development and the HR person suggested me to try TESA Programme Office as well. According to HR, both are like sister departments with overlapping areas.
Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2021, 06:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi there, when did your friend leave? how long did he/she work there? what's the reason for not recommended?

I interviewed for a role with Human Capital Development and the HR person suggested me to try TESA Programme Office as well. According to HR, both are like sister departments with overlapping areas.
Hmmm to protect the identity of my friend, i wont reveal the exact period he/she left, all i can say is not very long. He/she worked barely few months. According to my friend, tesa has super high turn over rate because the culture and the boss is toxic. The demoralization can be felt within weeks you are there because the boss has anger management issue and has the habit of "name and shame" you infront of internal and external parties. It just makes one feel so super unappreciated after long hours of working. People can't wait to leave for the sake of their mental well-being? In my point of view, i am actually quite shocked when my friend told me about such bosses because i thought such era should have long gone? And working in public service before we have a code of conduct to follow and i seriously doubted the capability of HR getting rid of such bosses.

Many people i spoke to agree that imda in general is working super long hours and is common to work past mid night because directions keep changing and so are the working document (e.g. PowerPoint) that is required to be submitted or presented to the management. It is all about amending papers and ppt to what the bosses would like it to be. The way my friend spoke about it makes me feel like, everyone is required to be a marketeer.
Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2021, 06:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hmmm to protect the identity of my friend, i wont reveal the exact period he/she left, all i can say is not very long. He/she worked barely few months. According to my friend, tesa has super high turn over rate because the culture and the boss is toxic. The demoralization can be felt within weeks you are there because the boss has anger management issue and has the habit of "name and shame" you infront of internal and external parties. It just makes one feel so super unappreciated after long hours of working. People can't wait to leave for the sake of their mental well-being? In my point of view, i am actually quite shocked when my friend told me about such bosses because i thought such era should have long gone? And working in public service before we have a code of conduct to follow and i seriously doubted the capability of HR getting rid of such bosses.

Many people i spoke to agree that imda in general is working super long hours and is common to work past mid night because directions keep changing and so are the working document (e.g. PowerPoint) that is required to be submitted or presented to the management. It is all about amending papers and ppt to what the bosses would like it to be. The way my friend spoke about it makes me feel like, everyone is required to be a marketeer.

Only work for bosses who knows how to respect his or her employees. Period.
No point slogging for a disrespectful boss. Respect yourself enough to walk away because chances of them changing is near zero.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GovTech / CSA / IMDA TechGraduate Income and Jobs 7 01-05-2021 04:56 PM
anyone who has done SG:D Scholarship (Undergraduate) - IMDA interview [email protected] Income and Jobs 0 26-04-2021 04:37 PM
anyone who has done SG:D Scholarship (Undergraduate) - IMDA interview [email protected] General Discussions 0 26-04-2021 04:37 PM
Any advice on should I accept SG:D scholarship by IMDA? [email protected] Education and Personal Growth 1 24-04-2021 10:22 PM
Any advice on should I accept SG:D scholarship by IMDA? [email protected] Income and Jobs 0 23-04-2021 11:39 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,848 Replies, 608,272 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,011 Replies, 521,420 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,004 Replies, 2,499,926 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,696 Replies, 4,607,477 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,061 Replies, 2,522,950 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,688 Replies, 4,353,297 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,748,420 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,577 Replies, 7,343,049 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 22,433 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 133,973 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,646 Replies, 1,278,451 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
438 Replies, 274,662 Views
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 159,349 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 100,031 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 139,767 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
1 Replies, 170 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,432 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,750 Replies, 1,410,655 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,586 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 572,144 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,782 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,326 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,516 Replies, 731,479 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
625 Replies, 98,596 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 222,174 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 369,950 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
735 Replies, 198,940 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,926 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,507 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 738,120 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2