IMDA (under MCI) - Page 117 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.

IMDA (under MCI)

Old 25-12-2023, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieTay View Post
Heard there is a department that "force" its team to take Employment Engagement Survey together.

Are they management worried of low-score and have to resort to this level and pressured the staff to give a more favorable rating?
which autocratic department is that?

Old 27-12-2023, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

IMDA still in existence or what?

Old 27-12-2023, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Even though LCH & Kim Jong Un are similarly compared to dictators in their own domain, Kim Jong Un is far more competent and superior in terms of leadership. His pple may be heavily oppressed and unhappy, but at least b*itch can run the country effectively and empower them to produce powerful war weapons. On the other hand, IMDA has to outsource production of "war weapons" to vendors. Country leaders are actually scared of offending Kim and risked entering into war with NK. Who outside of IMDA is scared of offending LCH?

Competent leadership determines the quality of pple and the capabilities produced. This is something Kim possesses that LCH lacks unfortunately.
LCH is more like a Donald Trump. Both came up with lame slogans. Make America Great Again vs Architects of Singapore's Digital Future. Both have questionable policy choices but press on with their decision due to pride. During Trump's administration, there were a number of high-profile departures and he even fell out with his VP at the end of his term. Similarly, many ACEs and Directors have quit since LCH was parachuted to IMDA, not to mention those at the lower levels. Both also have similar rhetoric, very blunt and hurtful, not what a real leader will do. The only difference is Trump was accused of xxx misconduct while LCH wasn't or perhaps not yet.

Old 28-12-2023, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
IMDA still in existence or what?
How come the HR team is still intact?
Old 29-12-2023, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieTay View Post
Heard there is a department that "force" its team to take Employment Engagement Survey together.

Are they management worried of low-score and have to resort to this level and pressured the staff to give a more favorable rating?
is it the one headed by the infamous adrian ong?
Old 29-12-2023, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
LCH is more like a Donald Trump. Both came up with lame slogans. Make America Great Again vs Architects of Singapore's Digital Future. Both have questionable policy choices but press on with their decision due to pride. During Trump's administration, there were a number of high-profile departures and he even fell out with his VP at the end of his term. Similarly, many ACEs and Directors have quit since LCH was parachuted to IMDA, not to mention those at the lower levels. Both also have similar rhetoric, very blunt and hurtful, not what a real leader will do. The only difference is Trump was accused of xxx misconduct while LCH wasn't or perhaps not yet.
LCH is an inferior version of trump. What trump lacks in political savviness, he makes up for it in business savviness, in the form of elevating the biz landscape in his country. If trump were to run imda as a business man, he would have done a much better job than LCH, with a daily dash of entertainment lol.

LCH is simply the love child of Kim & Trump. He owns the dictatorial nature of Kim, incompetence of Trump, and the narcissism of both that stems from communism & democracy. Inherited the worst traits from both, but zilch on the positive.

Old 29-12-2023, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I miss the pre covid TKH era of IMDA. While TKH himself isn't a tech expert, at least he can think and analyse like a leader, and is open to alternative ideas. On the other hand, this LCH is...such an impostor. It's hard to imagine how did that guy manage to pass his scholarship interview.

Back then, IMDA was still able to attract people with real talents to join. It used to had people who were good enough for Govtech. Nowadays, barely anyone is interested to apply let alone join this place. Of those who joined, many quit less than a year later. Those who are left there or the recent new hires are just administrators doing a no prospects job.

I have many good memories of my time at IMDA which spans both the TKH and LCH eras. Unfortunately, I'm forced to leave this place that I once called my second home due to the state it has deteriorated to. I've always thought I would feel bitter if I left but somehow it feels liberating when I was finally out. MBA courses should have a case study on IMDA to examine how a change in leadership can lead to the downfall of an organisation.
Old 30-12-2023, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I miss the pre covid TKH era of IMDA. While TKH himself isn't a tech expert, at least he can think and analyse like a leader, and is open to alternative ideas. On the other hand, this LCH is...such an impostor. It's hard to imagine how did that guy manage to pass his scholarship interview.

Back then, IMDA was still able to attract people with real talents to join. It used to had people who were good enough for Govtech. Nowadays, barely anyone is interested to apply let alone join this place. Of those who joined, many quit less than a year later. Those who are left there or the recent new hires are just administrators doing a no prospects job.

I have many good memories of my time at IMDA which spans both the TKH and LCH eras. Unfortunately, I'm forced to leave this place that I once called my second home due to the state it has deteriorated to. I've always thought I would feel bitter if I left but somehow it feels liberating when I was finally out. MBA courses should have a case study on IMDA to examine how a change in leadership can lead to the downfall of an organisation.
MBA do have organisation leadership and HRM modules. These modules have case studies and proven theories on how to improve an organization. Sadly, most of the government agencies don't even follow it. I wonder why they still allow their senior management to go for MBA courses when you don't even wanna apply the theoretical.
Old 30-12-2023, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

mapletree business city is quite clean because all the trash are dumped at block 10 in IMDA office

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 30-12-2023, 04:45 PM