CSA (Cyber Security Agency) - Page 65 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




CSA (Cyber Security Agency)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #641 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2022, 10:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
across all 4 divisions, which one to choose to learn most stuff applicable in private sectors?
Learn the most definitely is when you choose all 4

Reply With Quote
  #642 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2022, 07:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Diff experience at each of the 4. So far so good.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #643 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2022, 11:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Diff experience at each of the 4. So far so good.
won't a person be stuck at 1? got rotation one meh?

Reply With Quote
  #644 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2022, 04:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
across all 4 divisions, which one to choose to learn most stuff applicable in private sectors?
The ops clusters like IRC and TMC give the best exit opps. Most of the former folks there landed roles in banks and tech companies. Alternatively, if you find civil service environment ok, you can consider staying and do secondments/postings to other agencies/divisions after 3 to 4 years.
Reply With Quote
  #645 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2022, 06:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The ops clusters like IRC and TMC give the best exit opps. Most of the former folks there landed roles in banks and tech companies. Alternatively, if you find civil service environment ok, you can consider staying and do secondments/postings to other agencies/divisions after 3 to 4 years.
Icic.. Any idea on what the increment is like after 1.5 years?
Reply With Quote
  #646 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2022, 08:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Increment after 1 yr. Junior grades promote faster. Almost yearly.
Reply With Quote

  #647 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2022, 06:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Increment after 1 yr. Junior grades promote faster. Almost yearly.
What is the ranking scheme like? Not mx right? Got a number can quote for increment?
Reply With Quote
  #648 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2022, 11:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seems like CSA HR is desperate for more fishes to bait into this programme......
If you think CSA HR so free come to this kind of forum to sell koyok you confirm not in CSDP/CSA, just a **** stirrer.
Reply With Quote
  #649 (permalink)  
Old 20-12-2022, 11:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Not bad to start

CSA is not a bad place to start if you are new and don't have better options. You get decent pay, free training and time to explore. However it gets boring around the 1 year mark as you don't get much real world experience due to overstaffing. Furthermore most of your superiors don't have related experience, so they won't be able to provide much guidance on activities that you need to do. Eventually majority of your time will be spent on tasks related to admin/staff/events.

If you are looking for actual hands-on work, you need to have an exit strategy to transit. Other posts have mentioned that technical skills are not everything but from what I experienced, most people in CSA don't have great soft skills too
Reply With Quote
  #650 (permalink)  
Old 25-12-2022, 09:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CSA is not a bad place to start if you are new and don't have better options. You get decent pay, free training and time to explore. However it gets boring around the 1 year mark as you don't get much real world experience due to overstaffing. Furthermore most of your superiors don't have related experience, so they won't be able to provide much guidance on activities that you need to do. Eventually majority of your time will be spent on tasks related to admin/staff/events.

If you are looking for actual hands-on work, you need to have an exit strategy to transit. Other posts have mentioned that technical skills are not everything but from what I experienced, most people in CSA don't have great soft skills too
Thanks for the honest insights. Any advice on how to plan for exit strategies? Ty
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about CAT 1 security clearance juniordude Income and Jobs 7 03-09-2021 12:41 PM
Security Guard Makes 4k Salary.sg Income and Jobs 8 26-06-2021 10:57 PM
Cyber Security Associates and Technologists (CSAT) Programme Valkyrie Income and Jobs 0 13-05-2018 01:54 PM
IT Security Job Prospects nautilus Income and Jobs 15 25-03-2016 12:59 AM
Trainer at Security Institute (SII) borderlands Education and Personal Growth 0 28-12-2014 09:29 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,252 Replies, 1,063,348 Views
Working in NEA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
94 Replies, 117,252 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,850 Replies, 7,982,870 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,522 Replies, 1,206,060 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,032 Replies, 2,798,144 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,563 Replies, 5,661,001 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,055 Replies, 539,458 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,051 Replies, 4,472,829 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,828 Replies, 923,721 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 13,911 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
2 Replies, 149 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,672 Replies, 1,417,643 Views
ST engineering starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 83,728 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,142 Replies, 10,306,741 Views
Compare Your Annual Income ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 10,481 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,264 Replies, 1,027,108 Views
SIA AO grades ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 54,173 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,038 Replies, 3,608,430 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 24,689 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,184 Replies, 409,760 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 232,230 Views
BCA (Building and Construction...
1 Replies, 176 Views
MOH (Ministry of Health) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 43,863 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
663 Replies, 272,855 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
66 Replies, 37,777 Views
Singapore Power EDGE Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 7,438 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 802,499 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 272,184 Views
Singapore Examination and...
2 Replies, 4,214 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2