CSA (Cyber Security Agency) - Page 27 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Companies

Companies Discuss companies and organisations.




CSA (Cyber Security Agency)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #261 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The hr folks do ourk these forums so good luck to that fellow whonleaked

Reply With Quote
  #262 (permalink)  
Old 20-11-2021, 09:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you are probably a average worker thats why u think increments are low. the scheme rewards the higher performers. ur increment and bonuses goes to the high performers
You are probably a average worker because the ones who usually leave are the top performers, who usually end up in banks and FAANG.

Reply With Quote
  #263 (permalink)  
Old 21-11-2021, 01:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Csdp

Beware of the CSDP program. I've heard that the first batch from July 2020 have not been able to receive their modularmasters yet. Not sure if HR if is deliberately dragging it out to prevent the ppl from leaving but many of them have related that it's a negative experience.

Reply With Quote
  #264 (permalink)  
Old 21-11-2021, 04:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Beware of the CSDP program. I've heard that the first batch from July 2020 have not been able to receive their modularmasters yet. Not sure if HR if is deliberately dragging it out to prevent the ppl from leaving but many of them have related that it's a negative experience.
they will only receive it after they complete the 18 months
Reply With Quote
  #265 (permalink)  
Old 21-11-2021, 04:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Beware of the CSDP program. I've heard that the first batch from July 2020 have not been able to receive their modularmasters yet. Not sure if HR if is deliberately dragging it out to prevent the ppl from leaving but many of them have related that it's a negative experience.
can elaborate more on the negative experience?
Reply With Quote
  #266 (permalink)  
Old 21-11-2021, 02:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can elaborate more on the negative experience?
From my interactions with those newcomers, the interview and CSDP programme gave them a false sense of what their day to day jobs would actually entail. The interviews and SUTD course were highly technical, but the knowledge gained is basically irrelevant for the job. So basically, HR "hang chicken head but sell dog meat".

People who joined hoping to learn real marketable cybersecurity skills end up becoming paper pushers and minutes writers for the large bureaucracy. So it's no coincidence that cybersecurity professionals who do not intend on becoming career civil servants will leave for greener pastures.

Of course, don't expect the newcomers to say this during townhall. Though it was hinted recently during the last ministry townhall that attrition is a serious problem which cannot simply be waved off as "people come and go, it's like that one".
Reply With Quote

  #267 (permalink)  
Old 21-11-2021, 05:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Beware of the CSDP program. I've heard that the first batch from July 2020 have not been able to receive their modularmasters yet. Not sure if HR if is deliberately dragging it out to prevent the ppl from leaving but many of them have related that it's a negative experience.
That sounds jialat...
Reply With Quote
  #268 (permalink)  
Old 21-11-2021, 06:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
they will only receive it after they complete the 18 months
maybe a case of miscomm?
Reply With Quote
  #269 (permalink)  
Old 21-11-2021, 07:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From my interactions with those newcomers, the interview and CSDP programme gave them a false sense of what their day to day jobs would actually entail. The interviews and SUTD course were highly technical, but the knowledge gained is basically irrelevant for the job. So basically, HR "hang chicken head but sell dog meat".

People who joined hoping to learn real marketable cybersecurity skills end up becoming paper pushers and minutes writers for the large bureaucracy. So it's no coincidence that cybersecurity professionals who do not intend on becoming career civil servants will leave for greener pastures.

Of course, don't expect the newcomers to say this during townhall. Though it was hinted recently during the last ministry townhall that attrition is a serious problem which cannot simply be waved off as "people come and go, it's like that one".
This is interesting. Can share more about the townhall meeting?
Reply With Quote
  #270 (permalink)  
Old 22-11-2021, 12:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This is interesting. Can share more about the townhall meeting?
csdp need to be patient la. nowadays ppl so impatient wanna do wonders when they havent learn to crawl yet
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about CAT 1 security clearance juniordude Income and Jobs 7 03-09-2021 12:41 PM
Security Guard Makes 4k Salary.sg Income and Jobs 8 26-06-2021 10:57 PM
Cyber Security Associates and Technologists (CSAT) Programme Valkyrie Income and Jobs 0 13-05-2018 01:54 PM
IT Security Job Prospects nautilus Income and Jobs 15 25-03-2016 12:59 AM
Trainer at Security Institute (SII) borderlands Education and Personal Growth 0 28-12-2014 09:29 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,026 Replies, 5,101,521 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,025 Replies, 1,086,147 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,767 Replies, 2,293,757 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,198 Replies, 6,840,341 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,152 Replies, 10,463,585 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,901 Replies, 4,725,547 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,346 Replies, 3,461,817 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
742 Replies, 413,325 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,666 Replies, 2,387,141 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,438 Replies, 12,594,175 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,489 Replies, 805,986 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,816 Replies, 1,445,130 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,767 Replies, 1,517,504 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,810 Replies, 1,577,134 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,155 Replies, 3,798,645 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,346 Replies, 1,165,210 Views
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 20,050 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 388,306 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,282 Replies, 637,642 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 327,588 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,503 Replies, 1,401,831 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 83,043 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 451,655 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 393,033 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 12,551 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 77,874 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
722 Replies, 553,883 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 139,068 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
761 Replies, 425,370 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 501,417 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2