Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   CSA (Cyber Security Agency) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/11355-csa-cyber-security-agency.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 177046)
HR shared that CSDP has the opportunity to go for external posting with other govt agencies. Sounds good leh. Can gain different exposures.

Can't gain much exposure by posting to other govt agencies. Best is can post to private sector companies.

SPS 18-08-2021 02:43 PM

I am 41 this year... am i too old to join?

Got my private degree in IT last year and working as senior engineer (infra more to wintel side).

Doing CISSP half way now, and will be taking MSc of Cyber Security later this year (Already accepted from Uni).

Have cehv11, some unix cert, etc.

Worth to take up this? as i see the pay range is quite low at 4-5k only or are there been offer higher? Or should i just get the master degree will be a better route?

Path i currently looking at is
If i continue with master degree on my own:
Internal posting to security department in same company and do part-time lecturer in private school and perhaps eventually become a full time lecturer in private sch till retirement.

Or try apply for this and work in gov sector till retirement.

Unregistered 21-08-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPS (Post 180318)

Got my private degree in IT last year and working as senior engineer (infra more to wintel side).

Doing CISSP half way now, and will be taking MSc of Cyber Security later this year (Already accepted from Uni).

Worth to take up this? as i see the pay range is quite low at 4-5k only or are there been offer higher? Or should i just get the master degree will be a better route?

Internal posting to security department in same company and do part-time lecturer in private school and perhaps eventually become a full time lecturer in private sch till retirement.

imo, it is better to continue ur private industry path...there is more to gain since you are already familiar with your current company.

Unregistered 22-08-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Which master you taking and why you picked that?

Unregistered 23-08-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

4.5k is really low for someone of your profile who has 15 years exp. Stick with pte sector instead.

Unregistered 06-10-2021 05:48 PM

What is CSDP salary?

Unregistered 06-10-2021 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185435)
What is CSDP salary?

maybe 4.5? anyone?

Unregistered 06-10-2021 06:32 PM

Has anybody received an interview invitation after submitting the assignment for the most recent CSDP application?

Unregistered 06-10-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185440)
Has anybody received an interview invitation after submitting the assignment for the most recent CSDP application?

I just finished the interview on Monday and am currently waiting for the HR to call back this Friday. I also have a friend from NTU who recently rejected the offer when they sent him the offer letter last Friday.

The base pay apparently is 5k with 13th month Government bonus and 4 months performance bonus. 18 days of leave.

Not sure if everyone will receive the same pay though after reading through the previos old comments here.

Unregistered 07-10-2021 12:04 AM

Quote:

What is your salary now, you willing to take the paycut?