Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, you are making 1 million every 2.5 years. I am sure this doesn't come easy. A lot of planning and discipline over many years. This is fantastic. You must be worth 8 mil assuming growing @ 5% per year, 400k per year, 1 mill in 2.5 yrs. I would love if you could share your story. I read quite a few good examples on some of your retirement planning. I like opinions and views from seniors.

I am not here to validate or compare but just to share as I see many like minded people. It is actually quite encouraging.

I am sure I am pretty good with numbers

Of course it does not tally at 100k per annum. I indicated my HHI for 2016.

Before the housing bubble crisis, I made about 500k a year. I supply raw materials for construction. My wife was in the private sector making about 100k.

This went on for about 3-4 years. But lately, 2015, 2016 have not been good. Wife change to less stressful job. I also slow down to take some time off to spend time with my kid.

That's why I google and came to this site as I am curious about current salary jobs.

2017 is still not over but I think it should be the same. I don't anticipate demand for my products to come back like before. But hoping so.

The 4 paid up properties are rented out. So the current 3 are covered. They will pay off by themselves in about 20 yrs.

I am keeping about 1.2 mil in cash/FD as buffer and also waiting for opportunities.

I live a simple life. No maid, no expensive holidays, no expensive hobbies, no enrichment classes, cook at home 4-5 times a week. My expenses are quite low.

I did not include cpf, insurance, stocks, bonds and gold.

In fact I am terrible at stocks, I have a paper lost of 80k. I blame it on myself for not being proactive. Because of this bad experience, I am afraid to buy more and I don't trust other people with my money.

But I love properties. I can manage them myself.

i am also sitting on cash... waiting for the property market to crash big time