Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Remote US job good?
View Single Post
Old 31-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Verified Member

i_stinks is on a distinguished road
Default Remote US job good?

After getting rejected after interview or not getting called up for all the whatever banks tech management/graduate associate programmes. I am kind of going to settle for a normal, non-rotational 3 to 3.5k developer job until recently when an ex-professor contacted me on a few years old US tech startup opportunity. His friend asked him for recommendations and he referred me as his 1st choice to them.

So I went for few rounds of interviews with the engineers & 1 of the founder and got an offer. However it is a remote working job. The pay is great to me, the founders have top paper credentials too with Phds from MIT/Stanford, so are some of the engineers. But will I miss out much working remotely after graduation? Socially and other stuffs?

Is it worth it to at least give this opportunity a year or 2 for my career even if I'm not exactly confident if remote working will work on me? I don't have a great GPA to be honest as I usually rather spend my time self-learning tech stuffs than focus on studying for exams. Something I kind of regretted as I struggle in my job search earlier. This opportunity felt like a surprise.

Last edited by i_stinks; 31-08-2017 at 03:14 PM.