Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice for "Research Coordinator" career
View Single Post
Old 31-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Exp Research Coordinator

Default CRC Salary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm not sure about other places, but I was offered research coordinator for clinical studies by singhealth last year and it's not anywhere close to a/m figures. Mine was a private degree from Australia and I had 1+ years experience in a commercial life science lab and the offer was only 2440.
Hello friend!

2440 figure for a fresh grad (Degree entry) in the RESEARCH industry is a blatant scam, even my research assistant (Diploma Holder) fare a similar to higher pay.
Remember CRC is on HIGH demand (Due to it's high speciality and clinical skillsets requirements, top it off with high stress), i received multiple replies for interviews previously when I sent my Resume out into the market for this role.
Go for more interviews, make yourself known and marketable, then you're able to negotiate for a above 3k pay, public (Govt sector) pays well, especially at places > Heart Centre, SGH, NUH, etc.

I told my employer that I went for multiple interviews and received job offers already previously.
P.S: If they want you, they have to offer you a higher salary or additional incentives. (You have the advantage, they need you)

I'm not sure where you took your degree from, but mine's from australia too, with affliation and academic reputation belonging to the Group of Eight - s://go8.edu.au/
Top 3% leading academic institutions comparative to the world.

If you are connected to a top class ranking institution, you might be able to use your academic portfolio to negotiate for better offers too.

All the best and good luck for your job hunt in the research industry!