Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Asset Management Salary and Lifestyle
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeClark View Post
Hello,

I am soon to finish up my undergrad studies and am trying to choose a profession for myself. My interests tend to shift over time but currently I am strongly considering a career in Asset Management and had some questions about that field.
I am looking for an occupation with a decent work-life balance. I don't need to work 9-5 but I want to have time during evenings and weekends to enjoy life (family, movies, sports, exercise...) and don't only want to focus on my profession (although I am willing to work very very hard for the first 5-10 years). Is this possible in asset management? Can one become a portfolio manager in a mutual fund (I understand that HF's tend to have longer hours), for example, and work regular and normal hours? Are their any other asset management roles that you think would be a good fit for me? I went through many resourses [URL="://blog.advids.co/20-video-examples-from-it-asset-management-software-solution-and-services/"]Asset Management Video[/ for help but,did not find any help.
Please help me out.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you .
With your laid back / uncompetitive attitude, chances are you won't even go beyond 1st interview, so there's no delima actually.