Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Which companies has high or low salary increment?
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2017, 03:12 AM
Verified Member

i_stinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just a short introduction. I am a software engineer working in a startup environment. Owning to my overwhelming job scope and dev skills, my salary starts hovering close to the 5k mark in less than 2 years. (Graduated for 2 years)

Over this period, I have been contacted by different recruiters from LinkedIn and calls.(I normally ignored) This time round, a recruiter states that I am overpaid by the SG IT industry.

Am I?????
The recruiter only know which university you come from and how many years of job experience you had. Incomplete information. So it's hard to say. She may also say it to get you to lower your expectations so you don't ask for higher pay.

For me I worked before going local uni and frankly as a poly grad I did the exact same stuffs as the local uni grads in my ex-company but my pay much lower because I'm from poly. I even get to manage uni people. After graduating from uni, when I went for interviews, all the interviewers are saying that's before university, so it doesn't count.

Which pisses me off somewhat to discount it away so quickly

Last edited by i_stinks; 20-08-2017 at 03:16 AM.