Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1234 View Post
Thank you so much for your reply! I am an A Level grad and I certainly expected that it would be tough to get an internship as most hirers are looking for those with experience.

However, what do you think about the chance of getting a job shadowing opportunity? Do you know of any engineering firms that offer job shadowing? I would really wish for a greater exposure in the engineering sector.
I do not know of any. A good place to find out would be to go for career fairs. Not only the ones held in public, but those that are held in polytechnics as well. You can also write directly to the HR in engineering companies.

What you need to do first is to have a clear idea of what kind of jobs you are aiming for. Do you wish to do those CAD mechanical design jobs? Automotive repair? 3D printing? Chemical process and QC?

I do know that you may not know what you want at this stage, but it is good to have at least some direction rather than "just gimme anything", which makes potential hirers difficult to assign you.