Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Amused by all the trolls here. What do you want to achieve? To deceive yourself into believing that you are not as worthless as you really are? Or are you helping PSD to dupe everyone into entering CS? Lol.
All the posts about them receiving 4k+ starting pay or getting large increments every year are total BS.
For those who are keen on entering CS, my advice is to go for the job scope and not because you think CS will pay well. Unless you are thinking of entering MFA, Mindef or becoming MHA officers (i.e. ICA SOs, police SOs), the truth is the pay is not what you think it will be in the other ministries.

Just for a more accurate picture, im a female, almost 2 years in CS, NTU FCH, in a ministry not listed above.
2015 Sep - MX13 $34XX
2016 Sep - MX13 $36XX
2017 Apr - MX13 $37XX (after Apr increment), will likely be promoted to MX12 after i hit my 2 year mark.

FACT: In some ministries, you are not promoted to MX12 after a year. Although yes, there are ministries which do so.

FACT: No one gets promoted to MX11 after just being promoted to MX12 the year before. I would say average is 3 years.

FACT: There will be increment every year, but not as much as you think.

Some people may say im being shortchanged for my FCH, but a check with my colleagues show that this is the standard pay (e.g my colleagues who got a second upper earns less than me) in the ministry.

So yes, if you want high pay in CS, go join ICA or SPF lor.
care to share your PB over the years?

perhaps those who were promoted are having PB B or A and had served NS