Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on your success, Sir. You're lucky to live in a luxury condo. Not many can afford to live in a luxury condo. 80% live in HDB flats. Not many drive a luxury car. You must be in your 50s. For successful top executives, to retire in their 50s is considered old. The most successful ones can retire in their 40s to enjoy life. Don't forget to donate to charities with your wealth. You don't want to be the richest man in the grave. Your true worth is not how much you have at your death bed but how much you have given away and contributed to the betterment of humanity. Don't let lust and greed control you. The more you give away, the happier you will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Happily retired after 45 years of hard work. I've decided to quit the rat race. Enjoying every minute of my retired life.

Since primary school, I studied very hard and went to top schools. Total number of years of studying hard from primary one (6 years old) to university - 20 years.

Then I excelled in my career. Total number of years of salaried work - 25 years.

I now deserve a good rest. I plan to pursue many interests such as traveling the world, reading extensively, writing, mentoring, volunteering for worthy causes, etc.

I have accumulated enough wealth. I have been extremely successful in my investments. My luxury condo and luxury car are both fully paid up and I have good passive income. I don't need to earn more and more from salaried work.

I'm happy retiring in place in my modern luxury condo which has full facilities and a high level of security. It is located in a good district.

My family's quality of life is definitely much better now. That's what matters most.