Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advise needed. Stuck on career path
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpadviseneeded View Post
Just december last year i received a call from deloitte for an internship role. But due to my night classes i couldnt accept the internship because it was at their peak period and they needed people to stay late.

There are only 2 person in the department im currently in. Myself and my supervisor who does more of the "accounting" work. Is audit position really out of the question for me? 7 months into this job i was hoping i could use this as an "experience" to add to my resume and hopefully land a job at big 4 for a stepping stone experience, or at least get an internship there.. Sigh.. future seems so bleak..
Internship can be anything, it's just cheap labour & getting a call is not anywhere near offer. Getting a perm position as an audit associate is another ball game. Out of the big4, Deloitte is usually the lowest standard to get in, but even then the lowest I heard of to get in as associate needs a full time respectable private degree.

Alternative is to join them at dipolma level, but you will mainly be doing clerical work for some years before they will consider you as associate. Also need to be realistic, 7 months exp what sort of strategic accounting work you can do. Go anywhere also mostly doing grunt work.