Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Upper middle class couple, 48 & 45. Combined income, $160k pa. Saves $30k pa cash.

Upper middle class lifestyle
- Eat at restaurants twice a week.
- Overseas holidays twice a year.
- Owns a good, reliable car. Paid up.
- Owns a 3 bedroom private condo, worth $900k. Paid up, using our CPF and cash.

Combined CPF $400k.
Combined Cash $100k.
Combined net worth $1.4 mil.

We plan to retire in ten years time.

How about you? What's your financial profile? When are you retiring?
Hey thanks for resurfacing this forum. I was away for the last 2 months and couldnt find this forum when I came back. Thought it had been removed or became dormant.

It is inevitable that the postings will become stale after a while as there is only so much variation in income and wealth of the typical Singaporean household. The very poor and the extremely wealthy will not be sharing here. So what we see posted here will be the bounds of the middle class Singaporean household.

Even then, when posters shared that their household incomes were above $400k pa, you get incredulous responses from readers. By any measure, household incomes of $400k pa or thereabout is within the bounds of the middle income class. People in the upper classes earn beyond $500k pa INDIVIDUALLY.

Likewise, household wealth of $5M is within the middle class range. The next bound would be household wealth of $10M and more - the upper middle class. The wealth of the upper classes start at $50M and above.

So why is it that readers prefer to believe postings of people with lower incomes and not of people sharing their higher incomes eg. $400k pa and above? Surely there are quite a lot of households with that kind of income and they do come here to share.

You get a couple, husband earns $250k pa, and wife earns $180k pa, already their household income is $430k pa. The husband or wife comes here and share their household income and everyone cries foul saying it is a bogus post. I mean, open your eyes people. There are a fair number of middle income households with this kind of incomes.

Furthermore, for older couples (eg those in their 50s), they would have meaningful (read significant) passive incomes eg $100k pa, their total household income would easily cross $500k pa.

I have shared my household income, networth and passive income here before and it was not believed. In a way, I am relieved.