Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Being ruthless to be rich
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Unregistered_101

Lol I thought ur nick looked familiar, it was you replied to me in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnnbllctr View Post
I haven't logged in using this name for ages. Allow me to address some of your doubts.

Firstly, nobody that matters is going to give a sh1t about what house you live in or what car you drive. The one whose opinion matters though, is YOU. Do you want to live in a GCB and drive that nice little Aston Martin DB9 GT, just because you feel shiok? If so, get cracking my friend, and work your little butt off. If you don't care, no one else should.

As for those questions,
1. No, but it's nice to know that I can when I want to for the fun of it. I didn't have to be ruthless although it is always fun to let the other person know that you have your hand on the handle of the knife and all you have to do is twist it.
2. No again. But cold hard cash can buy a lot of things. In large enough quantities, it can buy you freedom although it sucks that it cannot buy you fulfillment.

And to your point of being the 'bad guy', nah. What bad guy? Everyone's the same, $5K or $50K. It's not personal, it's just business. It is totally possible to not behave like an a**hole even when you are there, as being an a**hole all the time gets you NOTHING. Like I said, it's just business and business is about getting something that benefits you.

To get there, in addition to hard work, you need plenty of luck, a sharp eye to spot opportunities when they present themselves and the balls to grab it when you see it.