Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Being ruthless to be rich
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2017, 11:47 AM

anormalguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My 2 cents worth.

I am a typical alpha female while my husband is more low profile and quiet. I earn about $280K per annum while he earns $450K per annum. Of course, he is 10 years older than me in his mid 40s now. He works hard and get things done, but he is not the type who draws attention to himself. Ironically, he is a lawyer, so all the typical stereotypes on lawyer are completely not applicable on him.
I got a very simple question for you, make inference on why I ask if you may.

Does it every cross your mind one bit that you're earning twice as much as your husband while him being 10 years older than you? I wish for honesty in your but of course I can't demand it. Relatedly, do you think your husband thinks of it the slightest bit of the same thing, EVEN if you don't mention it?

I lived long enough in my career to understand the concept of unlimited wants. Let's not get into the details as I don't want turn this into a thread where people 'boast', as instigated by of the prior response. But let's just say that there is a target, set by OTHERS, not you, but to be achieved by you. Maybe set by one's wife, family or societal circle.

I've come this realization, that target is always pushed higher. And it is this constant discrepancy between what you have, and what you need to achieve, that is causing dissatisfaction in ones life. What if you can't get out of these societal circles.