Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2017, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Overseas Comp sci grad. No honours, interviewed for tech consulting analyst and software engineering analyst. Offered SW analyst role. 3.2k + 300. Tried to negotiate for higher basic since I had multiple offers (ST engineering, SC bank). They wouldn't budge, just upped my sign on bonus by 3k. Decided to just give it a shot for the name recognition.

When I started, no programming whatsoever. Purely functional (creating functional documents, presenting to clients) which is good I guess, I can transition to business analyst type roles in the future. Am alr planning on leaving in a year once I get my bonus for greener pastures.
When i negotiated they also did the same, upped sign on bonus by 3k, and not on other aspects. In addition, when you change jobs, your new pay might be anchored based on your current base pay instead of the "whole pay package". Decided not to give it a shot and went for a data analyst program in a bank. Would consider returning to Accenture perhaps after the program.

Not doing any programming would make it just a functional consultant, hard to standout next time when applying for another role within or outside of accenture.