Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for returning Singaporean
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2017, 08:39 PM

FusionCrews is on a distinguished road
Question Recommendations for returning Singaporean

Hi guys,

I am a 27 years old Singaporean male and I have been working in Japan as a Design Engineer for a famous MNC for 1 and a half years. I entered this post right after graduation from NTU and I am directly employed instead of through agents and/or posting from a Singapore branch.
Before this posting I held other positions in other companies as part-time or contract based as I was still studying. Having stayed in Japan for 1 and a half years, I can say that I can have comfortable daily Japanese conversation and I have also attained N2 of the JLPT.

I am planning to return to Singapore next year as I still like it better in Sg. (the culture is too different here and although I can speak comfortably with the Japanese understanding me, I cant say that I have excellent grammar in the language. That is also another barrier in the business setting considering that they are extremely uptight about these kinda stuff)

Following that, I would like to inquire about the market and what are the opinions on returning to Singapore right now.

-What is the salary that I can roughly expect out of a 2 years experience in design/development engineering? (I design and develop watercraft bottom up from which material to use for every single part, the dimensions of the parts, the lay out of the parts and all the way to deciding on the graphics of the final product.)
-Which companies offers good positions with similar job scope?
-Is it wise to continue staying in Engineering industry?

I would appreciate it if everyone could share with me what are your thoughts on this. Living alone separated from your family and your loved one is extremely tough.