Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Dont waste bandwidth on that poster. He has been repeating the same post ad nauseum.

What I wanted to share today is a little observation I had of my cohort of friends. We are all passed 55 with the oldest at 59. There are 6 of us, and all but one are still working.

Observations:
1. None of us has withdrawn any money from our CPF since we turned 55. Obviously, still earning an income means we dont need to touch our CPF savings. The retired guy has built up a good stream of passive income

2. We have all topped up our RA to the ERS amount when we turned 55, not using our CPF money but using cash.

3. One of the main reasons why we are still working is because we want to see all our children complete schooling first. For some of us, it may mean that they would have to work till 65 as their younger children are still in lower secondary.

4. We have not changed our lifestyle over the years. I dont observe any extravagant expenses such buying a merc/ BMW to reward ourselves like some people do when they hit 55 yo.

5. All of us have no more housing loans for our primary residence.

6. All of us have some form of passive incomes of varying amounts. Highest in the group was $160k pa (the retiree)

7. All have substantial savings in their SRS accounts (exceeding $200k)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
read his writing style and punctuation habits. fkn obvious he's a siao lang