Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2017, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Overseas Comp sci grad. No honours, interviewed for tech consulting analyst and software engineering analyst. Offered SW analyst role. 3.2k + 300. Tried to negotiate for higher basic since I had multiple offers (ST engineering, SC bank). They wouldn't budge, just upped my sign on bonus by 3k. Decided to just give it a shot for the name recognition.

When I started, no programming whatsoever. Purely functional (creating functional documents, presenting to clients) which is good I guess, I can transition to business analyst type roles in the future. Am alr planning on leaving in a year once I get my bonus for greener pastures.
Not a correct choice to do that. When you are young, you should gain more technical skills instead. Going BA is a matter of time and its better to do that when a later stage. A technical person can do BA roles, creating functional document but a BA unable to do technical skills. If you stick to this mindset, sooner or later you will be outdated and left with a pool of BA wannabe to fight for job openings. What makes you think that the employer will select you out of the so many BA wannabe?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app