Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Retrenched Investment Bankers (Where do they go to?)
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fellas, a simple fx sales person in a bulge bracket commands approx 25k per month. Most of them are ivy league students, a fraction are the lucky ones who managed to sneak themselves in through referrals. It is very difficult to get into front office. I work in a bulge bracket but not in the front office. We are the peasants, 2nd tier citizens of the company. Take care.
I don't think the referral part is really true. There are local uni students who managed to get into front office of bulge brackets, and it was because in the first place, they managed to secure summer internships and performed well, and hence ended up getting retained. Of course, I've to emphasize that these students are the best of the best among their cohort -- they could've enrolled into the top US and UK unis but they stayed in SG for whatever reason. Browsing through Linkedin I saw top SMU students joining Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and even elite boutiques like Evercore as a fresh graduate.