Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - NTU Aerospace Engineering
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepenguin View Post
Hi all,

I have been offered Aerospace Engineering in NTU and I would like to know if it's practical to go for Aero Eng in NTU? I am concerned about the employability and versatility of the degree after graduating. (Maybe work in finance if I find engineering not suitable for me or other engineering fields)

It seems like people who graduate from Aero Eng end up in research or finance sector.

So far it appears that Biz and Mech Eng(or even CE/CS) are the safest bet?

Between Biz and Acct, can a person with Acct Degree work in the bank just like a person with Biz Degree?

Thank you.
There is no way to predict what will happen 5 years down the road. I wouldn't waste time trying to guess which has better 'employability'. Nobody knows, its just opinion that everyone will have not worth a cent.

Having said that, you should try and study a subject that you at least find interesting and can picture yourself doing. The world is much bigger than engineering and finance, don't fall into the typical sinkie trap of adopting an unrealistic narrow world view that revolves around just these 2 types of job.