Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry I didnt give more background but my job is a DX9-11 and I am a DX10. That means, i can still be promoted up to a DX11 in the same job. So its not about being promoted and taking on a vacated job above mine.

Just wondering, if i meet the performance grading for 3 consecutive years and can still be promoted within the same job, any reason if i do not get it this year?

hmm...
Promotion is never about you meeting all the stated criteria then you will get promoted. Maybe you should look at the criteria as prerequisites to promotion. You need to fulfill all those prerequisites before you will be CONSIDERED for promotion. But it ultimately depends on other factors like how hard your bosses fought for you during ranking, how well-profiled you are to the other bosses in the ranking boards, whether you did better than those who are of the same rank and years in service and past performance grades, and finally, you CEP, which is usually a big indicator on how fast you get promoted. It is a whole complex matrix as HR will tell you.

Bottom line is, don't have a sense of entitlement mentality that you will be promoted because you have met the stated IM criteria. It will usually turn out badly. Treat promotion as a bonus. If you get it, great. If not, then back to work harder (and smarter). Good luck!