Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Constituency Manager (People Association)
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The quality of people depends on what constituency you are posted to.
It's the residents and grassroots leaders who are the real killers.
Residents who are unreasonable are a dime a dozen, even restaurant servers are treated better than CC staff.
And when you can't please them, some will go straight to the MP fb page to complain/feedback.
In order to win hearts (=likely votes), the MP will do anything to kiss their @ss.
So you being the bottom of the pyramid gets all the blame and crap.

Grassroots leaders especially the PBMs act like they are big shots and treat the managers like their personal slave.
Everyone is your boss and even your pet have a better life than you.
PA staff are no saints as well. I've seen countless times my ex-colleagues screw up even simple matters that honestly if I were the resident I would be super pissed off as well. There's just no culture of accountability and improvement over there, everyone's like a mule - get slapped by MP/Grassroots/Residents move 1 inch. The moment you take your eyes off, slide back another feet again.

Those old timers might complain how unreasonable the customers are and how crap the job is (I agree), but the reality is also with their sort of lousy attitude and total lack of professionalism, they wouldn't be able to survive anywhere else. Only PA would accept that sort of standards, even in proper ministries / stat board a lot of them would be put on PIP long ago.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app