Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Will be 57yrs this birthday and happily married with 2 gals, one upper primary and the other upper secondary. Have a fully paid $1m HDB and drives a fully paid 3yr VW SUV? Earn abt $130k pa and this will be my final year working before retiring. Have $500k cash and $500k CPF. I'm not including my wife funds as I would like her money to be hers.

During my retirement from 58 yrs to 65 yrs (8 yrs), I will just do a simple drawdown from my $500k cash component of $4k each month. Which means i will drawdown say, $50k pa. Multiply by 8 yrs total drawdown amt will be $400k. The $100k is buffer funds.

I have $300k lock up in the RA ERS and Medisave account. The excess $200k is now earning compound interest. After 65 yrs, I will be able to have a monthy sum of $3k ($2k from CPF ERS for life and $1k from my excess funds for 20 yrs).

My wife will be working and she will pay for our maid salary and levy. That means we can continue to have a maid.

I have plans to buy an EA or EM at max $700k and cash out my current flat. The balance monies will be used to co-fund my gals tertiary education if so required.

Right, i am figuring out how to spend my retirement time.
You should retire if you feel miserable working or at your current workplace. Otherwise, why retire? You can go slow if you want but bear in mind that retirement life is not all that rosy. I don't see a lot of happy and healthy retirees around.....