Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As for policy, i supposed you are referring to the advisory function? That heavily depends on how your bank is being structured.
As for products, again depends on what you can bring to the table.

You'd want / like to move there doesn't mean the other party would reciprocate .

General rule of thumb - with just 10 months into your role what value you can bring to the team for them to bring you onboard. Having paper qualifications dont play any significant part for experienced hires.

I dont know what exactly you're doing or what segment you're covering, but i am pretty sure you know it better yourself.
Best to make yourself stand out from the hordes who are in aml ops too. How to do it? Better for you to search the answer on your own as there are no one size fits all prescription.
Hi thanks for your reply.

I am in the retail banking sector with the bulk of the work centred upon PEP name screenings, to determine if they are a true match, filling out templates after template for edd purposes and writing STRs.

There are around 50-70 of us and I honestly don't feel there are any opportunities to move an advisory role, given all of them are staying put and won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

I cant see a future here with all the op bits getting offshore and I have no desire to move into a leaders position managing offshore teams and like I said I hate the 'another-widget-off-the-belt' feeling associated with operations.

Would appreciate some advice on how long I should stay and what to do to position myself for a more mentally stimulating role.

Thanks