Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all I have been in an AML operations EDD role at a foreign bank for roughly 10 months and I am getting tired of the whole repetitive 'widget-on-a-conveyor-belt' feeling, I am still very much interested in the financial crime field and would ideally want to move into policy/products or even forensics, can someone give me a bit of guidance?

I have got an bachelor and ACAMS qualified

Thanks
As for policy, i supposed you are referring to the advisory function? That heavily depends on how your bank is being structured.
As for products, again depends on what you can bring to the table.

You'd want / like to move there doesn't mean the other party would reciprocate .

General rule of thumb - with just 10 months into your role what value you can bring to the team for them to bring you onboard. Having paper qualifications dont play any significant part for experienced hires.

I dont know what exactly you're doing or what segment you're covering, but i am pretty sure you know it better yourself.
Best to make yourself stand out from the hordes who are in aml ops too. How to do it? Better for you to search the answer on your own as there are no one size fits all prescription.