Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - [Seeking advise] Evaluating job offer
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Interesting case study. My advice is more from a banking-oriented perspective but I believe the essence of any career jump should always be the same regardless of industry.

When you negotiate for your new pay, you have to set your base on a annual basis, because of your AWS. I'm assuming this AWS is a guaranteed component set out in your contract? If it is not, most companies will not be willing to consider the AWS amount as part of any new deal that they offer.

However, assuming that it is indeed guaranteed, the total annual amount should be your base upon which you negotiate any increments. A simple solid guideline will be a minimum of 10% for the jump. 15% is not out of the question as well.

Bonuses are tricky and often not considered as part of the negotiation process in the banking space, especially for the lower-mid tier positions. I'm not sure how it's like in the MNC/SME space though.

Benefits are definitely not part of the considerations on the offering firm's decision matrix, so it's really up to you if they differ enough to make or break the deal for you.

I agree that both offers are not attractive enough to even contemplate a move away from your current position.