Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Litigation or corporate

Hi I would like to check with my learned friends on this forum on the prospects of a litigation versus a transaction lawyer. I'm a local uni student in my final year, been offered a TC to do corporate work at one of the big four. However, I've recently re-discovered my passion for litigation (shall bear you all the details of that), and seriously considering transferring to liti.

However, I have serious concerns about my speaking abilities, as I'm far from a charismatic or good speaker. My pragmatic consideration is whether or not I should transfer to liti where I might have greater interest whilst probably limiting my future career prospects, or staying in corporate where the money is allegedly better than liti (as a partner at least), and where the skills are more transferable to other sectors?

On that note, does anyone know how compensation schemes in the big four work for equity partners? Is it based on how much work a partner can bring in, or is it like the magic circle firms where it's based on a global pool?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app