Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm from SIM with 2 years of relevant work experience while I was schooling; did part time studies. After graduation last year I got offered a 1 year contract position in a stat board that paid me 3.5k per month, fixed, no bonuses, with only 7 days of annual leave.

Ever since, I've moved on to private sector recently after learning that my contract wasn't going to be renewed due to government-wide ministries/stat boards on a headcount freeze.

Pretty bummed out because I was hoping for a conversion to permanent staff but nonetheless I made a good impression with my immediate supervisors and got a stellar letter of commendation. As of now, I got a pay bump to 4.2k after moving into a FMCG company. Btw I'm in the finance field.

The stat board I was in was fantastic, work-life balance was brilliant. Compared to where I am now, it's a huge change but I can cope because the 2 years working before I got my BSc was in a MNC too.
I seem to be exactly in your position. Somehow it's pretty difficult to find a job how given the current economy.

In any case, thank you very much for your response!