Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2016, 05:40 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently a combat vocation staff sergeant in the army with 6years and 8months experience.
I am a local diploma holder.

Thinking of changing my work environment and also to have a better work life balance thus thinking of going into DXO scheme.
There are some queries on my mind and i hope i can get some answers from the kind souls here.

1) Is the working hours for dxo very long and exhausting? Or is it like 8 to 5 and can have time for family?

2) Will they be doing salary matching with my current salary? If there is a paycut, how much will it be roughly?

3) Will my experience of an army regular be an advantage to enter into dxo?

I know these are very technical questions that i should actually ask their HR, but i would like to get some sensing of answers from here first.

If no answers but personal opinions are also welcome to share!

Thanks guys!
actually, since you are in the service, im surprised that you do not know that dxo's working hours. typically one day minimally need to work 8.5hrs. 8am to 530pm etc. working longer than that depends on yourself. if i have not enough time to finish an important task, i may stay till 7/8 or come back during weekends. though its not compulsory, its a self responsibility kind of thing. but thats another issue...

Typically, for DXO and uniformed doing the same job, the salary difference is 20-30% as far as i can tell. IF what you do now is relevant to the post you are applying as a DXO, you may get less reduction. but i doubt so since you are in combat.

Yes, you may have the advantage of knowing the organisation well and know what are the internal policies. but other than that, if you are not applying for relevant job to your current job, then only slight advantage in terms of knowledge. no favoritism if thats what you are asking. although knowing someone inside the unit you are applying for helps. but you still will go through the whole selection process normally with interview etc.