Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - need advice on whether to change job or continue sticking
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 12:34 AM

poorlifeguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To TS, I belong to "older generation". End of the day it's your decision. I mean there is nothing wrong to just leave as you are still fresh grad. When you compare with your peers you will feel inferior and there is no end to such comparisons. How many times can you leave job within 1 year? And when you hop like that, yes so employers will still hire. But how will your 4th employer look at your beautiful track record of 1 year or less each? Nobody will want you, esp when you move on to higher level of roles. You need to demonstrate at least 2.5 to 4 years in a role in ONE company. You can hop here and there, but you will come to a point when you see that this harmful impact. It's very real..don't just follow your peers blindly. Have a thought about your life. Importantly, pay doesn't mean everything. It may mean a lot to you now..but it's really not everything.
thanks for the advice.. what if i just wan to hop this once and for the rest of the jobs i will stay for 2 to 4 yrs like what u stated? will it still do any harm?