Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2016, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Default How Passive Income Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Passive income? Might as well work harder .. My job simply doesn't allow me time to think of such.. A sales deal could mean $15k and above ... Wait for three months just to make $2-5k of passive? Don't waste my time
Passive income, by its very definition, means income that does not depend on your own labour. Intrinsic in that definition, is that it depends on the labour of others, people like yourself who work hard and indirectly for investors like myself.

Passive income is good for all age groups. When you are young, full of energy and drive, and hardworking, passive income will help speed up your wealth build up. When your passive income reached a certain amount it can be like another family member working and contributing to the overall family income. When you are old and retired, passive income can be like a silent worker working for you while you sit back and enjoy your retirement years.

For the whole scheme of things to work, there must be people working hard in those companies that I invest in. People like yourself and myself, since I am still working. So I was obviously concerned when I read that many people after attending Robert Kiyosaki's seminar had wanted to quit their work, and go into investment instead. Imagine a world of investors with no one working. The whole scheme will collapse!

I was therefore heartened that there are people who work hard and can pull in money/profits for the companies they work for, which inevitably means good dividends for investors like myself.

I was also therefore very disappointed with those who retire young and waste away their time and talent looking out windows and developing a fear of peak hour traffic.