Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo View Post
How about an office job with MOE? Apply for all Ministires and can see how you feel during the interview. No point ideintifying Ministries, it's more about exactly who are you going to work with. For govt jobs, they are looking for people who are not cool. Think, behave, look and act uncool. This is the general personality you should adopt despite them telling you otherwise. You see how a civil servant looks. Just not cool. You won't be at a disadvantage if you start older, just explain what you were doing.

I also want to tell you that politics is everywhere. You should learn to deal with it instead of avoiding it. The bigger the company, the more the politics. Just look at it as human relations and a skill you need to master. Avoid office gossip and badmouthing, pretend not to hear a lot of things and keep your mouth shut and smile.

Only you can answer what you reallly want to do.
hi bobo,

sorry, pls enlighten me. what does it mean to be uncool? as if acting stupid and not aloof and blatantly or brutally honest?

BTW, is it really true that besides invrstigation postion in the MOM, most of the other postions are 8 to 5 or office hours and that they do not work during the weekends?

pls do let me know

thank you!