Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

Default Unusually Quiet here

This forum has gone unusually quiet. Is it the sign of the times? Has anyone contributing here lost their job? Are the "resident" writers on vacation or sick? Run out of topics?

The economy doesn't seem to be doing well, with retrenchment figures going up - even SPH, our national newspaper has had to let go staff. Stock markets are weak. But we are still nowhere near to 1997/8 Asian Financial Crisis nor the 2008/9 US subprime crisis situation. Some new condo launches are still doing well. Car COE prices are maintaining a steady level and are likely to trend upwards because of diminishing quotas.

On a personal level, I am just glad that it's the weekend again. The week just ended was a busy one. I put in more money into the stock market during the week. My intent is to build up my passive income source while I am still working. At almost 57, I can literally count the number of years I have left to work with one hand. While I do look forward to finally retiring, I know I will miss many things about working life such as the adrenaline rush in getting and completing Projects, business trips, medical coverage and all the other benefits of being an employee.

For this month (Oct) my passive income was $9k comprising $5k+ from shares and $3k+ from rental.