Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo View Post
Okay I know the answers.

The longer you spend at uni, the better. Do the 4 yr course and in total you only did an extra yr at poly, but you can use that to your advantage when you apply for a job. There are no shortcuts.

They look at the school first, relevant degree second. You have a relevant degree from timbatu uni, no point. But if you're from a gd uni, degree not so relevant, still possible.

Assuming you are actually considered and this is a big assumption. Hell yes. Huge. Massive. Unless you're doing ACCA.

Any good university. Slight edge towards top overseas universities.

If you qualified for a local uni, do not do yourself a disservice by going to a private school. Again, this is for jobs where qualifications do matter. If you want to be a financial consultant then it doesn't matter, it's about sales and they'll take anybody.
hello bobo,

i need your advise.

i'm a 28 yo male completed ns, ntu 2nd lower business deg

I'm looking to join to join the MOM.

1. is it easy to get in?
2. will i be learning valuable skills in there
3. what king od salary would i be expecting? 3k starting?
4. i have been teaching and developing cirriculum in private education centres all these while does this constitute a form of experience? I would think not.

lastly, i'm looking for work which are of regular hours and 5 days work. my current job is 6 days and i'm heavily overworked.

Also, i check with my fren and he told me that there is no retirement age as long as you are in the civil service (non-unifiromed) is that true?

i look forward to your advise thank you!