Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2016, 01:43 PM
yallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalBeagle View Post
And it appears you can't read. What would I be doing at an NUS or SMU careers fair advertising for a role which requires candidates from leading local firms with 2-4 PQE? You're evidently not a lawyer, or if by any sad chance you are, you're clearly a really lousy one.
hi i;ve been waiting for someone like u to come around given that most of the people here are of quality thats nothing to shout from the rooftops. i hope u can help me with these.

1) would be my race be a factor when applying to international firms in singapore headed by caucasians?

2) will the low quality of my written and spoken english cost me a training contract with international firms in singapore?

3) in uni all i did was stay indoors in the warm dorm rooms the size of a prison cell cos i was afraid of the terrible UK weather and i spend all day memorizing notes and exam answer structures given out by my seniors. Will i be found out when i go for interviews at international firms if they were to ask me creative questions?

4) when i was in UK i was somewhat racist. its probably a cultural thing given i was made to think in such a way since i was young in school. in UK I had a problem seeing Nigerian guys with really pretty PRC girls, Pakistani guys with really pretty Korean girls, indians from india with british caucasian girls. because of this jealousy i had no choice but to join the singapore malaysian student society. even then the malaysian girls despised us. what i want to know is how do i not show my racist side when i go for interviews at international law firms? or will they see right through me?

please reply.