Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatos View Post
Here's my situation.

I graduated with a 2nd upper honors in 2003, and joined a ministry. Started at MX13, drew $3000.

Quit in January 2006, drawing $3320.

Joined a university, got $3600 but they don't have any 13th month bonus so it was actually a bit lower than what I got earlier.

Quit after 8 months,, joined a stat board in september 2006 as MX12. Starting pay there was $3300.

I've been there almost 4.5 years and I'm still MX12, drawing $4600. Have I been left behind? A lot of my peers who stayed at the ministry, or even those who left but joined another stat board, got promoted to MX11 2-3 years ago, and I'm not even getting a promotion this year either.

Don't think my performance is bad because every year I get a 2.5 month performance bonus (according to their hr letter 1.5 months is standard for good performance), but they just don't want to shift me up to MX11, and I'll be hitting the MX12 cap in about 2 years.

I am 34 by the way, so is $4600 high or low?
$4,600 is not high, but OK. Your pay advanced by $1300 after 4 years, which I think is very good, and suggests that you are an above average performer. I am quite surprised that they have not promoted you. You may want to speak to your boss to find out why?