Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm assuming you're a law student because that's quite an alphabet soup of acronyms you've got there and your plans sound very tentative.

Based on your list of stat boards, I think you're referring to secondment postings. Legal Service Officers don't start off their careers in stat boards or ministries. Secondments only happen after an LSO has a couple of years worth of experience at AGC. I'm not sure what you mean by "qualifying through" these stat boards but if you're expecting to be posted to one of those stat boards from Day 1 as an LSO, that's just not happening.
I am guessing that the OP was trying to ask about qualifying for the Bar via the relevant legal officer route. This is a distinct route from the Legal Service Officer route but also 3 years training as well. The idea is to work for some stat board which does both advisory and prosecution work under specific legislations.

Wow this route is one less travelled. I would like to know more as well. Just curious.

But i think all applications are judged on their merits - whether you can add value to the team as associate.