Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Verified Member

deadman is on a distinguished road

To Bobo and others,

you asked me why i shared my stories..
Part of the reason is, i just want to let you know, it's possible that outside is paying that well even in IT industries.. Also, it's true that IT is flooded with lots of foreigners from other countries, but some coy just have second thoughts in hiring indian or ppl from other asian countries. So i can be consider lucky that i found such companies therefore the pay is not so depressed by competition.

By the way, i dont even consider my package is ultra fantastic or what, because i know some peers who are doing much better.

To sum it up.. from my perspective in IT line, ppl pay according to qualifications, experience and skill..
Maybe for my case, ppl are paying more due to my skill.. So, to those who may not have a fantastic degree/honors from branded school, please dont be too disheartened, we may have a slow start (low starting pay job), but that doesnt me we will be always low forever.. Time will tells, if your employer(s) appreciate your skill sets. But i believe the chances of success will be much greater in MNC/private coy compare to civil services or GLC which heavily depending on grades.

Some one asked me why im still competing in this rat race? i dont quite understand.. if you mean, why im still not contended.. i can only say, money is not enough :P
I'm a pretty conservative person, so i dont do investments etc. My only source of income is salary, and i only do monthly savings.. Therefore getting a better paying job seems to be my only way to build my wealth