Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

Do not be a fool in this temporary world.

Don't waste all your life working so hard, hoarding so much wealth and then die leaving behind your big fortune for your wife and children to enjoy. Your wealth doesn't follow you to your grave.

It's ok to work hard to accumulate just enough for you and wife to retire comfortably. It's however very stupid to work so hard until you don't have time to enjoy your wealth.
There are people who work so hard to accumulate millions thinking they will retire at 65 to enjoy their wealth. But they die at 50 due to high stress, lack of sleep, poor diet, no exercise, overweight, diabetes, cancer, etc.

I don't plan to work until I'm so old. I'm not going to leave behind a big fortune for my children. Sorry children, this is for your own good. I will just give them a good education and they will make use of their education to earn a good living for themselves. I don't want to spoil them. I came from a low income family but worked my way up. My children too can achieve that. I will not work so hard to afford a big bungalow. Why should I? If I work another 20 years just so that I can buy the big bungalow at the expense of my retirement, then it's very, very stupid.

I will retire at 55. By then I will be debt free. I will retire in place in my 3 bedroom luxurious condominium apartment where I can enjoy the many facilities such as a big swimming pool, modern gym, tennis court, etc. I will have enough cash and investments for me to retire well. I want to make the best use of my time in retirement to explore the world leisurely. I also want to learn new things and read lots of books which I have no time for. I want to exercise more and keep fit. I want to do social work to help those in need.

I want to have a full life and not be a fool in life.