Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Verified Member

bobo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Then we will have to agree to disagree. I don't find his story incredible, and even if it is, I don't discount that it may be true. The fact of the matter is that he started work in 2005, which was a good year for employees. So was 2006 and 2007. 2008 and 2009 were bad years. You apparently consider a degree very important and would clearly not pay the same salary for a diploma holder or less. But that doesn't mean every employer is like you. The public service thinks like you, which explains the wage differential between employees of different educational levels. Thankfully, most private firms don't draw that same stark distinction, and so it would be possible, I believe, for him to draw that kind of salary with his qualifications. Assuming he is that good, I don't see why a firm would not compensate him accordingly.
Yes and as I told you, some people believe that magic stones can cure cancer. Go read my post on his fantastic pay jump in 2009. You also believe that employers see nothing wrong in changing job yearly?

You also believe that different employers will just give you a pay raise for no reason? Good on you. Our friend didn't get a promotion. In fact, he was never promoted. He just change jobs and by virtue of changing jobs, he gets a pay raise. Suuuuuuureeee.

Most private firms DO draw that stark distinction. Go read the newspapers and read more job ads if you haven't joined the workforce. Or at the very least, don't go around calling people ignorant.

People get paid for QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE. No one forks out 4.9k for 2 yrs non-executive experience. Try harder.