Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;90553]Is it too soon to quit after 8 months of doing AML ops? I dun see any possibility of promoting and ppl here say it's best to jump around, just dun want to appear like a job hopper but I dun wanna get stuck here any longer also[/QUOTE

Actually, nobody is stopping you from leaving. But 8 months is too short a tenure, reflects alot about you as a person. Job hopping is definitely no good, because you will see the effect in the long run. Your reason of no promotion possibility is not valid. What makes you think your new workplace promotes you fast?

I know in this forum alot of people talk about job hopping. You got to play your game well. Ask yourself: Why do you want to leave after 8 months, is it a valid reason? What will employers think of you. Is 8 months too short a tenure to learn anything? Job hop is possibility if there is a strategic reason. But then after 2 to 3 hops, you will see that your credentials really looks bad. 3 companies in 3 years vs 3 years solid experience in one company. Think about it yourself.

I am not saying you should be loyal to one company. But after 3 years in a company, perhaps your reason for leaving is more substantial. Change of environment? Time to move on to learning other things? Challenge yourself in new area?