Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo View Post
How did you get 12 years of working experience if you graduated from SIM in 2003??? 2011 has barely started, and I doubt you graduated in 2003 Jan. Also, seeing that you're 33, you started work at 21?

Sounds more like you have 6 years of working experience only.

Whatever it is, you only graduated in 2003, so whatever you were doing before than, like frying burgers at Burger King doesn't count - it was work for non-graduates.

If you're a SIM graduate, you're at the mercy of those with better degrees, whether or not you're in the civil service or government. I would also imagine the insurance company pays better bonus than the hospitals.

Are you sure you know what's going on? Your story seems rather confused.
I started working at about 21, while holding O levels. Then obtained a private diploma at age 23, before finishing a part time degree at 26.

Again, I am now 33 of age.

Hence, I have about 5 yrs of working experience as a non-grad, and 7 yrs as a grad (SIM).

So, I believe I am not confusing anyone when I am saying I have 12 years of working experience, but, I also understand that there are certain HR that views my working exp as only 7 yrs (as a grad).

Hope that helps.