Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've now got some data on the silver circle international firms. They pay about 20-30k p.a. below MCs in terms of base pay. Still considerably more than the local firms though. It's not just Baker that's available. Many readers here seem to think that only CC and baker are hiring. True that only CC and Baker take in trainees, but once you reach NQL, openings pop up all over, in Watson Farley, Stephenson Harwood, Norton Rose, Ince, BLP, HFW etc. MCs-wise, A&O is also an aggressive hirer. The US white shoe firms take a few as well, and pretty much pay top dollar (prob 10% p.a higher than the MCs), but tend to only hire 4PQEs and above.
Thanks once again! Very useful stuff to know in general.

Although I've never really heard of local qualified lawyers being hired by US firms. In general there aren't many US firms in Singapore at all, and next to no white shoe firms.

I know Squire Patton Boggs, OMelveny, and King & Spalding have offices here. But the vast majority seem to bypass setting up shop in Singapore entirely in favour of Hong Kong.

I don;t personally know of anyone who has been picked up by a US firm, so compensation info is naturally a black box. Vast majority of people I know who've jumped to internationals are to UK firms or alliances.