Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 27-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Adams View Post
These are the roles generally regarded as FO in high finance. Unless I missed out something, for the most part if the role is not in this list, it's either not in FO, or not in high finance.

Confirm in:
- M&A, IBD sector coverage at bulge bracket or elite boutique
- Sales and trading
- investment team in hedge fund or PE

Also can lah:
- ECM / DCM
- Equity Research
- investment team at asset manager

Doubtful but ppl like to act:
- Prime broker

I'm not the guy you're replying to but feel free to PM me also. As long as I've been in the industry, I've only seen private uni guys in front office roles of no name shops.
To add on to your last point, you should also include personal bankers based in neighbourhood branches, selling insurance products, UTs, ILPs and stuffs like that. And "analyst" working in private / investment banks but in reality, they are based either in operations or are just assistants to the private bankers themselves. lol.

Being in the industry (i'm not from the FO but from the risk side) for some time, its always easy to spot if one is ********ting or not by just reading their JD or sometimes, just knowing their office location / floors. Or worse case scenario, just whatsapp my friends working in those banks to look at the staff directory. hahaha