Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Is business management degree relevent?
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2011, 01:59 PM
i.slam

I also have an IT diploma from NYP and have been working in the securities industry. It's worrying to find out that a kaplan degree holder is finding difficulty finding jobs and had to fall back on the diploma instead of using the kaplan degree... Because i also planned to further my studies (with kaplan to be precise) but i'm having doubts and this thread i came across just makes me worry if it is really going to be a waste of money to go with kaplan or any other pte degrees.

the local ones will take too long for my liking as i couldn't possibly "survive" 3-4 years of part time studies, esp with my tight working schedules. I guess nothing good comes that easy. still... i feel that in the pte sect. esp if you're already working, why not just go for a degree and impress your current employers? along with the exp you have in hand, it should be easier to land other jobs even if you noly have a pte deg.

perhaps your friend was too choosy? starting pay for a pte deg could be ard 2.2-2.4k? and im sure if you've worked well, even with a diploma you could match that range after a few years. only not too much else to look forward to cos no degree la... hehe...

other than kaplan offered unis, any good degree courses to take up? i just want to further my studies to deg level as i think that it is definitely paper quali that makes the diff for most employers.