Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a SIM grad. I do have a friend who is in FO role in finance. But he is a Ist class honours grad in SIM and he went on to do a masters in UK. He was fortunate as the role requires a few years of experience. There are also some alumni with good results started in good companies (outside finance). There are other opportunities in other industries as well. My view is that it depends on how you present yourself as a candidate with the relevant skills and credentials. For myself, I also went on to complete a masters and am working in a global company. You can find a lot of SIM grads in banks and big 4, SMEs etc. E.g some started in small firms and went on to Big4. All these are not uncommon. But if you were to say a SIM grad to work in a FO role in IBD or in global companies of various industries, I would say its very rare but not impossible. Apparently the people I know do who really went to take on roles in global companies/roles are those who have good results and/or went to take on a masters. Otherwise you may need many years of experience to demonstrate your worth to the employers. End of the day, its depends on how companies view you as a candidate based on all the factors you present to them.
Which means a fresh SIM grad alone is not going to be enough. Plan for a masters program after that.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app